100% Organic Raw Sesame Seeds
- Sesame seeds are believed to be one of the first condiments as well as one of the first plants to be used for edible oil.
- Sesame seeds are 25 percent protein and are especially rich in methionine and tryptophan, often lacking in adequate quantities in many plant proteins. One ounce of hulled seeds contains 6 grams of protein, 3.7 grams of fiber, and 14 grams of total fat.
- The fat in sesame seeds is 38% monounsaturated, and 44% polyunsaturated which equals 82% unsaturated fatty acids.
- A very good source of manganese, copper, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc and dietary fiber.
- Sesame seeds also contain two unique substances: sesamin and sesamolin. Both of these substances belong to a group of special beneficial fibers called lignans. Unique and tasty.
It’s no wonder sesame seeds have been around for over 5000 years!