100% Organic Sprouted Flax
The gold standard of flax. One of the reasons we work with Living Ecology, the wonderful people that help us make our bar, is because they own their own farm in Austria where they have developed a special sprouting process that yields almost 100% sprouts. What’s all that mean for you? It’s one of the healthiest bio-available sources of omega 3′s you can eat! Yah for us. Yah for you:) and………
- Flax is one the best sources of Omega 3 fatty acids, which supports brain function.
- Flax contains both soluble and insoluble fiber. The seeds also contain a special fiber called mucilage, which is a natural laxative and helps stabilize blood sugar levels.
- Lignans: These are natural plant chemicals that boost the production of a substance attached to estrogen and carry it out of the body. Flax seed contains more lignans that other vegetable or grain.
- Protein: Flax seeds are a rich source of protein too, as every 100g of flax seeds provide 25-30g of protein.
- Fat: Flax seed is one of the best sources of essential fatty acid-alpha linolenic acid. This is very important for muscle building! Also helps with insulin sensitivity, a huge health concern right now.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Flax contains Vitamin E, and B group of Vitamins. These seeds are also rich in minerals like zinc, iron, magnesium, copper, nickel, manganese, calcium, sulfur, silicon, molybdenum, chromium, and cobalt.